The overall objective of this project is to reduce CO2 emissions by facilitating the integration of RES and contributing to energy efficiency in the electricity grid due to the usage of the flexibility potential in the energy consuming process of large commercial and industrial customers.
The specific objectives addressed are:
- Technical, ecological and economic evaluation for the industrial customer of the flexibility potential that is available in its energy consuming processes
- Demonstration of the potential benefits for the customer due to the flexibility in energy consumption that will reduce CO2 emissions while maximizing benefits according to external conditions and inputs (external weather conditions, market prices, balancing prices, etc.)†
- Demonstration of the potential benefits that the customerís flexibility entails for energy retailers as well as electric network operators (transmission and distribution), e.g. network stability at peak feed-in of renewable energy sources (RES)
- Definition of the certification prerequisites of the proposed processes and development of a business model in order to facilitate market acceptance of Demand Response (DR) services and products
- Informing different target audiences on project advantages and risk, increasing the involvement of other industries and spreading the concept at the national and international level